CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

what should I do?

Ok so I need some help. My SIL moved home with her 2db. I am having a hard time with it because she needs constent babying even before this. My MIL house is a mess and she doesn't do anything but sit there. I don't have sympathy for her and her marriage problems and I don't even want to be in the same room with her. She and I had a long talk about all of this a while ago and she doesn't find any fault in her own actions only her husbands. I know this is a lot of info but I don't have anywhere else to turn to. Have any of you had to deal with something like this? What should I do? She and I have struggled since I have been married and sometimes I wonder if I can be in the same room with her this is just making things worse. When I have been there she acts like nothing is wrong and yesterday she asked if I was ok because I looked more stressed than usually. It was all I could do not to just lay it all out right then. Please any advise?

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Thats a tough one... its really her mom that needs to make her step up and help... there is not a whole lot you can do without looking like the bad guy. I would just stay out of her way as much as possible. Tell your MIL she is always welcome in your home but you won't be visiting there. That is your right. Thats my advice (as this has happened in my family more than once)

You need to stay sane... thats all there is to it.

Vee said...

Usually just giving myself some space helps me with people I am struggling with. But there was one time where no matter how much space and time I gave myself I still struggled with this friend. Sometimes people just can't handle each other. She'll probably find someone else to complain to if your never around except for big family parties. Your in a tough situation because your family is so close in proximity to you. Hang out with friends from the ward, it'll help relieve some of the pressure.

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to stay away but it is hard. Lee works 7 days a week 10-12 hrs perday and I get lonely. There isn't anyone else that lives by me (really I am not being dramatic :)) I am definately spending moretime online though to try and keep my distance. Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to stay away but it is hard. Lee works 7 days a week 10-12 hrs perday and I get lonely. There isn't anyone else that lives by me (really I am not being dramatic :)) I am definately spending moretime online though to try and keep my distance. Thanks for the advice!

Kathrin Paul said...

First of all, I'm sitting here trying to think of what "2db" means. Second, I'm sorry that you get lonely, it must be hard being so far away from other people. I don't have much advise other than to pray for compassion or love for your SIL and hope that it doesn't come with more trials. That's how patience works so I don't pray for it anymore. I'll have you know that I think you are really cool and know you can do whatever needs to be done! Sorry I'm not much help.

Melissa Ash said...

I have a hard time with my SIL and I just leave the room whenever she does or says something stupid. I have been sucked into saying a few really rude things, not Christlike at all. Sorry. I guess just like everyone else has said, leave the room when you need a breather! TOUGH! Especially in your situation. Love ya, my friend! So sorry!