CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And I thought I was against blog stalking....

I am so glad that Flipper is a blog stalker! It is so much fun to "see" you all again! I'm sure some of you already know what Kenneth and I are up to from our blog - but for those of you who don't - here is a little update. (This is Sparks, by the way....)


The Last time I saw most of you was at my mission farewell.. (I can't believe it's been that long!) The mission was great. Venezuela is crazy. Kenneth waited for me while I was gone and we were married within 2 1/2 months of me coming home (kids, don't try that at home). It has now been almost 5 years and we are happy and healthy and living in Boston :)


Kenneth is currently getting his PhD at Boston University. We have been here for 2 years and we will probably be here for at least another 3. After that who knows. Kenneth wants to be a professor so, we're open to going wherever he finds a good program. We hope to eventually end up somewhere in the West. We love Boston, but flight prices are killing us. It would be nice to live somewhere within driving distance of our families. 

I am working as a nanny for 2 totally cute, but very dramatic and energetic girls. I have also been working on my certification to be a Doula and Childbirth Educator and at some point would like to stop being a nanny and start doing that full time. It is a hard transition to make - living in Boston can get pretty expensive. Our plan is for me to make the switch sometime next year. I am already attending a few births here and there and I teach private hypnobirthing and natural childbirth classes. Here is a picture of the first family whose birth I attended:



We don't have kids yet, but that is also something we are going to look into next year. Of course I have been saying that for 4 years now, but I think 2009 is our year :) Be prepared for a baby shower invitation sometime next fall.

Boston is amazing by the way, and we are always looking for friends to visit us! So, feel free to start planning your trip to the east coast now. We'll be here for 3 more years and our apartment is open to all! 

Here is a picture of our apartment:

And some picture of Boston - Are you convinced that you should come visit?

I hope you are all doing well!!! I can't wait to hear more from all of you:)


5 comments:

Melissa Ash said...

OH MAN!! Boston is my ALL-TIME favorite city! My hubby and I lived in DC and went on a short weekend trip to Boston while we were back there. Oh, I just may take you up on the offer to come stay! :)
It is good to hear about your life. Glad things are going well! Lucky you, to live in Boston for FIVE years! Two years in DC was not close to long enough for me! :)

Lindsay said...

so good to hear from you!!! You live in a beautiful place! and that is really neat about what you are doing with the natural childbirth stuff... I am really interested in that too... except just as from the patient end. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was a a stocker that is really funny. But I totally am I lerk and then I pounce you are the second person I have found hopping from blog to blog.

Kathrin Paul said...

Boston does look beautiful! I'll have to stop by sometime!

Julie said...

Your street looks so peaceful and gorgeous! It's good to hear from you!

Cricket :)