CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

TReated differently?

Hi ladies so I have a question. Do you ever feel like your chidlren' grandparents treat them each differently? The reason I ask this is. Today we were eating lunch at my inlaws house and my sister in law and her family are down. Lily and her son are the same age (3), which to me is a hard age especially for sharing. The two of them were playing with toys in the other room, which means that no really saw who was in the wrong. Anyways the BOY cam out say lily took the truck (mind you lily does take things but so does the boy she just doesn't always come and tell). Anyways my father in law went out there and was so short with her about this truck and then he started to get angry, at this point I said they should try and work it out on there own.

Anyways he became angry and left. I feel like he always is on lily's case and never on the boys. I feel like the only reason we are staying here is so our children can be around grandparents but they never want to be around us. My mother in law is keeping the boy for a few day Lily has only stayed at their house one time. Lee and I haven't had a date in almost 3 months and even then we had to bring the baby. I am jsut feeling like nobody cares that we are here making no money so our kids can be by family that doesn't even want them around. Any advice?

4 comments:

Marcie said...

My grandparents always treated the boys better than the girls, it is a well known fact. I bet that is aggrivating... so sory Flipp!!!

Kathrin Paul said...

Wow, that sucks, Flip! I don't have any experience or advice for you. . . just pray for softened hearts!

On another note, I met one of your campers who is a counselor at Oakcrest this year. . .her name is S'Mores. Cute!

Anonymous said...

That is is fun biph!
Things became better after I posted this. He apologize sort of to lee. Which is a huge step for him. Anyways thanks for listening to my whining.

Becca said...

Flip, it happens. I know you said everything is better now but I still wanted to say something. That actually happened with Ben sometimes and I learned that I needed to be in the same room all the time to watch. I figure if there isn't a misunderstanding then the problem is solved easier. It's hard but it has helped. Good luck!