CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

GREAT IDEA!!!!

Hey Kristi,
This is an amazing idea! Good thinkin'! Now I can check out what's going on with everyone a lot easier! So fun!

(This is Matthew Jr. and I at Scandinavian Days in Ephraim, UT May 2008)


A little update on me: Things here are going well. I am finally settled into my new home. We are working on our yard, which has been SO FUN!!! So, that was said with a little more enthusiasm than I meant it! But, it really has been fun! Our little boy is growing SO fast! I can't believe he's already almost two! He is such a great little guy, and we have a good time together. I finished working at the elementary school I was at, and now am going to start working from home for Valley Mental Health, doing their transcription work from their doctors. I start today, and heard it is a bit discouraging at first. Wish me luck! Matthew Sr. is still at Goldman Sachs, and LOVES it! It is so nice that he totally loves his job. It makes for a happier family life, that's for sure! :)
Anyway, that is us, in a nutshell!
I can't wait to hear everyone's updates!!! Love y'all tons!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the inaugural post Timber, wow, I can't believe he is two also. I remember going to Olive Garden for lunch that time and you were so prego! Can't believe that was two years ago!

Also, transcription, if you haven't done it before, is super hard at first but as you become familiar with the vocabulary it becomes a lot easier. Good luck! My typing speed got so fast when I did trasncriptions!

Melissa Ash said...

Thanks, Kristi! Time sure flies, doesn't it?
Thanks for the heads up about transcription. I am really nervous, especially since when I was supposed to be trained last night, it wouldn't let me log in, and my mother-in-law who is kind of my boss, couldn't get any jobs assigned to her. SO FUN!!! Now I have to go it alone for the first time this morning. I'll be fine, though! Thanks a ton!

Robinson's said...

sorry if I missed this post somewhere but where did you move to?? And who takes care of your little guy when you do your job? Is it your mom?

Melissa Ash said...

We moved to Cottonwood Heights! I love it! We have actually lived here for two years, but we lived in Matthew's parent's basement. An INCREDIBLE opportunity opened up here in the same ward, and we jumped! It was a friend that sold, and we got a totally amazing deal (or else we would not be living in this neighborhood! Everything else we've looked into here was around $300! We got it for quite a bit less!).
When I do my job, the little guy just plays by himself in the same room. Also, I get up at 4 am, so that I have 2-3 hours done before he wakes up. But, the little guy is a really good independent player! He watches movies and reads and eats cereal! Then he comes and helps mommy sometimes, too! (or starts throwing things at me when he's done playing by himself!)