CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Stix' update


This is fun! Update on me- Chris and I bought a house in October in Pleasant Grove. Our first update to the house was the rock climbing wall in the garage.
I'm teaching Technology at Eastmont Middle School (and right now math summer school). My friend, Batman (all right, here last name is Bateman but I take out the "e") have had some real adventures rappelling from the ceiling and catching bad guys during assemblies.
This year we also had a "Phantom" that haunted the school-at the end of the year he rappelled from the ceiling with a guitar on his back and then he and I and the Student Body Officers played and sang "Born to be Wild" as a farewell to the school year. I have a lot of fun there.
Other news-I broke Chris' rib my first night at a jiu-jitsu class. I threw him down and he landed bad. It seems I am prone to breaking people's bones (in 2004 at Oakcrest I sat on a girl and broke her arm).
Things are going really well. Chris and I have just started a business teaching exercise classes on mini trampolines (aka rebounders), we sell the tramps and are about to make an exercise video along with some other training videos for some friends. It sounds pretty cheesy, but we're actually having a lot of fun.
I think that about covers what's been going on. I'm looking forward to hearing from more of you.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hello Stix! It's good to hear from you! Just for everyone elses benefit, my brother had her last year at Eastmont and said she was a great teacher! Thanks for the update!

Cricket:)

Kathrin Paul said...

Jessica!!!! Oh my hannah. Hello. I love that you have a climbing wall in your garage. I'm going to be a teacher soon. What if I ended up at your school and then we can be friends there! I think your trampoline vid is going to be so rockin. PS Erik is getting married.
That's all.

Kristi said...

STIX, you rock! I am so glad you have a rock climbing wall in your garage, and that you are a teacher that everyone will remember. Thanks for contributing, it is really fun to hear what you are up to. Do you ever wear your leather pants in assemblies?

Jessica Gainer said...

Biph-what are you going to teach? I can put in a good word...Tell Erik congrats! I am WAY excited for him.
Cricket-tell Dan thanks. It helps that he's a good student.
Sorry, no leather pants (I have no idea where they ended up). I'm thinking maybe we should all enjoy a party at my house...climbing, food, fun...anyone up for it? It would have to be in August or September.
-Stix

Kathrin Paul said...

I want a party! I want to teach English and History, especially Utah Studies. I miss you. :)